VOLLEYBALL - ONLINE MEETING
Dear Volleyball players,
You have registered to play volleyball. Congratulations! We have outlined a number of important points that you should familiarize yourself with. You will need to select a captain and co-captain. Please email us with this information after your first game.
- Volley balls: you or your teammates need to bring one every game
- Sublist and roster.
- Schedules: for all our activities are posted 48 hours before the start of leagues.
- First aid kit
- Conflict resolution
- Individual teams
- After the game...
- Rain Policy
1) Volley balls
Please bring your ball to all your games.
2) Sublist and Roster All teams should put a sublist together. Friends, family members and co-workers can be subs. They do not have to be registered with Club Montreal to play fill in for someone missing but we do require that they get added to the roster on our website. This list, made up by your team members should be made available to everyone on the team. If one person can't make it, that team member should try to find a replacement themselves. Captains who instigate this rule might find that he or she is not always left finding a replacement at the last minute. Players should be responsible. If you can't make it to one of your games, advise your teammates early on and try to find a sub. Subs you bring in should be added to your team roster, even if they only play one game. If your team is very short, you may borrow players from another team but only enough to have the minimum required players. It's the team's responsibility to make sure that all members including subs are aware and play by the CMSS rules. Individual players: CMSS can change your team roster throughout the season. Keep in mind that we aim to put a minimum of 2 lines per team and that you cannot control your roster. Consider it an introduction to the league and to active minded social individuals with at least one common interest
3) Schedule and what your team needs to know
Check the schedule on a weekly basis and email your team the info (at least two days before the game). A team that comes together is often the reflection of a captain's work. If you can't do this one week, designate someone else to do this or choose a co-captain and take turns. Time, location, t-shirt colour and opponent information should be specified in a weekly email as well as a quick who's in and who's out poll to make sure you can field a full team or call subs if necessary. It's your responsibility to field a full team every week. Your schedules will only be made available 1 day before your game every week. This is because your schedule for vball goes up and down according to the standings every week. This ensures you play teams that are about your calibre. If it is not posted yet, it is safe to assume that it is not ready. Please fee free to call us should you have any questions.
4) First aid kit. ***IMPORTANT Captains should make sure that at least one person on their team brings a couple of Band-Aids and a chemical ice pack to every game. This is a precautionary measure and the captain can assign someone on the team to do it. Please note that should there be an injury deserving extra care, please move off the playing surface. In the case of very serious injuries, please visit your nearest hospital or call 911.
5) Rules and the conflict resolution approach
Not knowing the rules as specified on the Cub Montreal website has been a reason for conflict between teams in the past. Please print out a copy and go through the rules so everyone is made aware of them. Should a conflict arise with the other team, captains, it is your responsibly to talk to your players and then speak to the other captain and have that captain speak to his/her players. You should not be speaking to the opponent team's players directly. If everyone adheres to this, conflicts should get resolved quickly and the games should go on sooner. Captains must notify CMSS of any unresolved conflict within 48 hours of it happening to foreseek action.
6) Individual teams You have registered on your own or with a few friends but not enough to make your own team, great! CMSS will either complete your team or form a new team with individual players. Please be respectful that you are part of a new team. Every member of the team should get even playing time, regardless of their shape or skill level. CMSS is responsible for the team roster and reserves the right to add players during the season. As an individual, you do not control the alignment of your team. CMSS does not know what caliber each player is and cannot guarantee the level of game play. Individual teams need to choose a captain, co-captain and team name by the end of the second week and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Teams need to get organised and get in contact with one another to make sure there will be enough players to field a full team every time. Generally, the CMSS tries to put 2 lines of players per team. Consider it as an introduction to our league and a group of active people with an interest you share, volleyball. If you enjoy your experience, you can re-register as a team next season and you will then control the complete alignment of your team.
7) Relax out there and have fun.
You have joined a social league. Please keep this in mind during all your games. Head for drinks after your game with your teammates. Invite your opponents out to join you.
8) Rain Policy.
Click HERE to view the rain policy.
Welcome to the Club! Have a great season!